Wednesday 5 November 2014

Colour Scheme




















For my digipak and poster colour scheme, I have decided on black, white, and yellow.The background will be plain white, to give the album style a clean look and also to not distract the viewer from the image. 
The yellow comes from the photos of the banana, with black featured in the form of the bruises on the banana, the text on the poster, and the text on the back cover and spine of the digipak. 

These colours look striking when combined, as displayed by The Velvet Underground and Yeah Yeah Yeahs' covers. This will capture the attention of any passer-by, but this colour combination is unlikely to be pleasing in large quantities, so I have limited the use of all three together, creating a balance that will prevent the designs from looking too 'busy', maintaining reader satisfaction. 
I am using black text on a white background as it is the easiest way to present type. Changing the colour of the background or text would only reduce legibility, so I will not change it at any point in the production of my digipak or poster. 

No comments :

Post a Comment